sexta-feira, 14 de abril de 2017

Received book :: "Logos"

Hello, everybody! I want to show you my new book: Logos, by John Neeleman. This is another book won on Goodreads and I was looking forward for it. Now that I have it finally in my hands, I must say that this book looks amazing! I love historical novels and I'm eager to start reading this one, but I confess it'll be a challenging read, since it's a big book, with a strong subject, in English. Anyways, of course I'll review it once I'm finished! 🙂

Title: Logos: a novel of Christianity's origin
Author: John Neeleman
Publisher: Homebound Publications
Year: 2015
 

Synopsis: 
Logos is a bildungsroman about the anonymous author of the original Gospel, set amid the kaleidoscopic mingling of ancient cultures. 
 
In A.D. 66, Jacob is one of Jerusalem's privileged Greco-Roman Jews. When Roman soldiers murder his parents and his beloved sister disappears in a pogrom led by the Roman procurator, he joins Israel's rebellion against Rome. The rebellion he helps to foment leads to more tragedy personal and, ultimately, cosmic: Jacob's wife and son perish in Rome's siege of Jerusalem, and the Romans destroy Jerusalem and the Temple, and finally extinguish Israel at Masada. Jacob wanders, and in Rome, he joins other dissidents – plotting vengeance not by arms, but by the power of an idea. 
 
Paul of Tarsus, Josephus, the keepers of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the historical Jesus himself each play a role in Jacob's tumultuous fortunes, but the women who have loved him compel the transforming and subversive climax.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário