quinta-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2018

Review :: 2024: A History of the Future | Chris Oswald

Title: 2024: A History of the Future
Author: Chris Oswald
Publisher: Newmore Publishing
Year: 2017 (2nd edition)
 
Buy: Bertrand | WOOK

Synopsis: 
Something had to change. 
Someone had to lead that change. 
But was he up to the task?  
 
George was an intellectual, a journalist, a writer: more theory than practice. Could he lead the country to a new beginning? 
 
Someone had to stand up to the tyranny, the controlling force that had crept up to overtake their lives. Someone who could espouse the principles they all believed in. 
But George had always been on the sidelines, involved but not committed. A product of the establishment but not a driving force.
Until now. Until he made the ultimate decision. A decision that would dramatically alter the fate of their country.
Britain was a sorry state; controlled, whittled down, oppressed and depressed. 
Until now. 
 
2024: A History of the Future is an engaging tale of the struggle to make change to a nation and to all those involved. Both historical novel and political thriller, it will take you into the future and back into the past, tying the two together in one story. One drama to fashion our future.  
 
Through the Past. 
 
Review: 
Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the reading of this book as much as I thought I would. Its subject is really interesting and was very well written, but I took too many time reading the book and, somehow, it didn't get me. 
 
Nevertheless, I enjoyed some aspects, mostly when it talked about History (the Second World War, in this case). I liked the link between the past and the present, which is very important for the History of the future.

We are a product of what came before us.
 
I also liked the fact that the book has a lot of inspiring quotes, such as the incitement for people to change something when it's needed. In this story, the country was struggling with political problems, and the power to solve them could be in everybody's hands. Of course that this advice fits in many issues of our lives... and that's even better. 🙂 
 
To sum up, the book is good but didn't catch me. Maybe if I read it later, I could enjoy it a bit more. 
 
I must thank once more the author for sending me a copy. I wish all the best for your career and your life!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário